Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Union Divided, An Opportunity to Strike?

Hey all check out the latest on CTU's mishaps of dissolution in the face of record numbers of school closings. Now may be the time to form a alternative caucus. What do folks think?

A non-union member has been given power over our elected officials.

The members have lost total control.

John O. has never been a teacher and he is not a card carrying member, but has just taken control of our union!

Again, READ THE EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





From: Ostenburg, John A.
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:08 AM
To: 006 Entire Office
Subject: ON BEHALF OF PRESIDENT STEWART

President Stewart has asked that I circulate the following.

During my absence, no one is authorized to act in my behalf regarding any administrative matters of the Chicago Teachers Union. In addition, no one is authorized to act contrary, in any regard, to the directives that I issued on December 17, 2007, in my memorandum to staff relating to restructuring of the CTU office. I have consulted with legal counsel and have been assured that my absence from the office does not in any way constitute a transfer of administrative power to any other officer or individual associated with the Union.

During the time I am away from the office, I am available by telephone for consultation and to provide direction, as it might be necessary. If you have any questions or needs during my absence that require my attention, please contact John Ostenburg, chief of staff, and he will communicate your needs to me.

Thank you for your continuing cooperation.

Should you have any questions regarding the above message, please direct them to me.

Thanks.

John O.
-------------------------------------

John A. Ostenburg

Chief of Staff, Chicago Teachers Union
Executive Editor, Chicago Union Teacher
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60654

(Office) 312-329-6251 l (Fax) 312-329-2551
(Cell) 312-909-2311 l (Home) 708-748-1265

No comments: